Saturday, September 8, 2007

The crusades

After reading the article on Saladin I began to wonder about the Crusades. while surfing the web I found and article that has the time line for the entire crusades. If you can not see it on this page, here is the link.
http://www.umich.edu/~marcons/Crusades/timeline/timeline3.html

The Decameron was a little hard for me to understand. After the conversation in class, I think it might be a little easyer to understand. I now understand that the Decameron is mostly a love story. The story it self to me feels like a Greek love story. I say this because of the long stay in the country with the "guest", to me that was a little weird. Also, because of the wedding and how Panfilo stayed hiddent to test his wife on if she truly still loved him.

2 comments:

Allen Webb said...

Thanks for sharing this time line. I have to admit that when we are talking about ages like the year 1000 or the year 1200, I am not very discriminating. Two hundred years is a long time span and I wonder what changed over those two hundred years. I would love to get more specifics about that. Did you have a chance to do the reading yet?

Patricia Schultz said...

Who's controling Jerusalem?
The Jews.
Now the Muslims.
No wait, the Christians.
No, the Muslims again.
Christians?
Mu-Christians?
WHAT THE HECK!?

(my summary of the timeline)
; )